From the way it is looking so far, it is going to be a great year to ski and ride in Vermont! Thanks to record snowfalls in December, our ski resorts are boasting some of the best, early season conditions in a long time. It is all the more reason for your family to get out there! You might already know that many resorts offer significant savings (up to 30% off) if you purchase your tickets on-line before you go, but we have rounded up some extra deals and steals that should make it a bit easier on your wallet this year.
- Youth Pay Their Age Day – Kids 18 and under pay their age on January 4, 2015 at Mount Snow. If your kid is 12 then their full day lift ticket is only $12.
- Free Nordic Trails Day – On January 10, 2015 you can learn to cross country ski free of charge at places like Bolton, Blueberry Lake, Smugglers Notch, Jay Peak and more.
- Town Meeting Day Special – Vermont high school, middle school and elementary school students ski free on March 3, 2015 at Mad River Glen. Also keep your eye out for Roll Back the Clock day too, when lift tickets are just $3.50!
- Ski and Ride for $29 – January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard month. Beginners can get a lesson, rental equipment and a full day lift ticket at 13 ski resorts. You must sign-up in advance.
- Ver-Mondays at Stowe – Select Mondays this season you can get a lift ticket at Stowe for just $62!
- Women’s Wild Wednesdays – This one is for Mountain Mamas. On Wednesdays Smuggs offers 1/2 lift tickets plus 50% off full day childcare.
- $30 Thursdays – Every Thursday you can ski Mt. Ellen at Sugarbush for just $30 bucks.
Other Ways to Save
Check out the Vermont Travel Card. For just $49 you will enjoy serious savings at 11 Vermont Ski Resorts. How would you like to pay $67 for a lift ticket at Stowe instead of $108? We learned about this great deal when we joined the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum. Not only did we get a bunch of 2-for-1 lift tickets at ski resorts like Jay Peak, Stratton, Burke and Mount Snow, but we got a 2-for-1 Vermont Travel Card too.
Family Friendly Tip: Be sure to follow along with the All Mountain Mamas – Vermont’s Only Family Ski & Ride Guide this season. We are delivering the latest and greatest for families as they navigate the ski slopes of Vermont.